December 31, 2013

2014 Reading Goals

It's the last day of 2013, so it's almost too late to conquer any more than I have this year. Time to look forward to the future!

With each new year comes new goals and resolutions in all shapes and sizes. Usually my reading goals are simply to read more books than the year before, but since starting this blog I'm finding new ways to challenge myself and change the way I select books to read. I am still going to give myself a numerical goal of books to read, but I'm also going to give myself smaller goals to reach within those books.

2014 Reading Goals
  • Read 60 total books
  • Complete the Book Bingo Challenge (more on that tomorrow)
  • Complete the TBR Pile Challenge (more on that Thursday)
  • 10 Re-Reads from school (elementary through college)
  • 5 New-to-Me Classics
  • 5 Book-to-Movie adaptations
    • Overlaps amongst these groups are okay
In general, I would also like to read more books as they come out and attend more author events this year, but I don't know how to anticipate the practicality of enforcing a trackable goal for these. Maybe I just won't be interested in x-amount of new releases or won't have as x-amount of author events available. I'll just monitor these as the year progresses. 

What are your reading goals this year?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome goals! I don't have any set reading goals, but I want to branch out and read different genres and types of books and some more classics! Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!