December 24, 2013

Top Ten Books I Want Santa to Bring Me


I cannot believe Christmas is tomorrow. I feel guilty because I feel like I really didn't get into the holiday spirit this year as much as I would have liked, but it's because the year flew by way too quickly! Only one more week to read as much as we can for 2013, YIKES! All I want for Christmas is TIME, does that make me old? Then I'll settle for books. And yarn.

Most of the fiction books on this list I've already read, but I'm wishing and hoping for copies of my own so that I can read them again and again!

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty - One of my favorite books, why don't I own this? I even gave away a copy on this blog once before. I should buy it if Santa doesn't bring it!

Fire and Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore - Two more favorites! I found Graceling at my used book store, but I haven't gotten so lucky with these companions. I might just be holding out hope that Cashore writes more in the Graceling realm so that I can eventually purchase a boxed set....

  photo 6469165_zps7f9f9f40.jpg photo 6137154_zpsf11e7234.jpg photo 12680907_zps50460693.jpg

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from my Frontier by Ree Drummons - I actually bought this as a gift for someone this year and I am totally wanting to swap the gift tag or something. ;)

Tequila Mockingbird by Tim Federle - I mean, mixed drinks based on literature? SIGN ME UP.

Made to Crave by Lisa TerKeurst - I've been trying to find this at my used book store for awhile but haven't had luck. Maybe it's because it's so good people keep it instead of reading and giving away! Ironically I put this after the food books. Right.

  photo 6936382_zps41bdf6e0.jpg photo 9805425_zpsc21a9573.jpg photo 16134078_zps49a58193.jpg

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Or any Stephanie Perkins, for that matter. Another book I kind of want to hold out in case there's an Anna boxed set someday, but if Santa brought me this now I would be happy! Assuming Santa has access to ARCs, he can also bring me Isla and the Happily Ever After if I've been good enough! ;) 
Ordinary World, Why I Love Singlehood, and Adulation by Elisa Lorello - I have most of Lorello's books on my Kindle, but I love her so much that I want them all in physical book form as well! Assuming Santa has access to ARCs again, I would name my first born Santa if he brought me She Has Your Eyes! I can't wait for more Andi and David!!!

Some honorable mentions . . .

 photo 78454247_zps3f2d664f.jpeg photo 17383994_zpsb759a4f3.jpg photo 11235712_zps064dd4df.jpg

By the way, whether you celebrate Christmas tomorrow or not, I hope your holiday season has been everything you wanted and more! And for those of you who do celebrate, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

1 comment:

  1. We talked about What Alice Forgot once and I read it last week and really liked it! I think I'm going to review it, or I plan to but who knows how it will actually go! Tequila Mockingbird sounds awesome, too! And Anna! I have Anna but need to buy a copy of Lola at some point. I put Isla on my list, I pine for it! Great list! I hope you have an awesome Christmas and get some time, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!