September 1, 2014

Monday's Reading Recap


 

Happy Labor Day!! How. Is. It. September? My wedding is next month!!!!!! Fortunately I knew that I would be feeling overwhelmed about now and I already planned for a fun book blogging month: Dystopian September!! I finally get to share my reviews with you for all the popular and classic dystopian books and series I've read this year. I've been stockpiling them for you and hope you'll enjoy a month full of government chaos and brave protagonists! I'll probably be putting this blog somewhat on autopilot and might be skipping my Monday updates (not that they've been consistent over the summer!), but I'm still here behind-the-scenes. Frantically putting together centerpieces while doing squats and trying not to eat any carbs. Ahhh, the life of a bride-to-be. #AreWeThereYet? ;)


Last Week I Finished Reading
NOTHING!

So I'm officially adding A Clockwork Orange to my DNF list. I swear I have struggled with this book for so long that it feels good to label it this way. I feel bad that it now belongs in the same category as Chelsea Handler because I don't think it deserves that, but I just couldn't drag myself through it!!! The futuristic vocabulary and violent dystopia just wouldn't allow me to care enough to read on. I secretly hope someday I do finish it because I think the 213 pages will haunt me if I don't... 

  This Week I Plan on Reading: Uglies by Scott Westerfield (I think!). 

   photo 9370793_zps834b35f9.jpg

This Week I'm Sharing a Review For: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

What books did you recently discover? 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!