August 25, 2014

Bout of Books & Monday's Reading Recap


 

There's a first time for everything and this is the first time I haven't met my Bout of Books Read-a-Thon Goal. Boooo! I really tried, but last week was a pretty crazy week in every regard (from wedding prep to 5k prep and everything in between!). I only finished one book but at least it was on my TBR Pile Challenge List. I think I've learned from this round of Bout of Books that I can't force myself to read specific books. I'm an emotional reader and there's nothing wrong with that. If I could have just picked up any 3 books I might have been more successful. I love knocking out books I've always wanted to read, such as The Joy Luck Club, but maybe I should have waited until I felt like reading it.


Bout of Books

I'm not letting last week deter me from moving forward. I picked up another book from my TBR Pile Challenge in hopes I don't fail that one at the end of the year! ;)

Last Week I Finished Reading
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
 photo 7763_zps139a29a2.jpg

  This Week I Plan on Reading: 

Uglies by Scott Westerfield

 photo 9370793_zps834b35f9.jpg
 

This Week I'm Sharing a Review For: The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

What books did you recently discover? 


1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!