September 17, 2013

Top 10 Books on my Fall TBR List

I don't know if I should consider my summer reading list a success or a failure; I read the top 5 books on the list, but the other 5 somehow slipped down the list as different books became available to me. I still exceeded my goal of 15 books (which included almost 3 books over 1000 pages), they just weren't all the books on my list. Technically there are still officially 5 more days of summer, so I have time to change that before I recap my summer reading next week. But for now, don't be surprised if you see some repeats! ;)

 photo 10616322_zpsd7cadd65.jpg  photo Catching-Fire-Book-Image_zpsec13a26e.jpg  photo 11870085_zpsb55521ae.jpg
1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth - who isn't excited about Allegiant? I feel like I've been waiting for this book to come out for years, but I only began reading this series months ago. It's finally almost here!

2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - A re-read to prepare myself for the movie, another wonderful thing about this fall for which I feel like I've been waiting ages!! I didn't read this in summer like I had planned, but I'm kind of glad because I'd rather read it closer to the movie's release in November.

3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - There has been so much buzz about this book, and with a movie in the works, I need to read it as soon as possible! I finally downloaded it for my Kindle and can't wait!

 photo Emma_CoverEDIT_zps41dfdd9a.jpg  photo 650265_zpsefc7a964.jpg  photo 7969245_zps5fdd5b89.jpg

4. Emma by Jane Austen - I've been meaning to re-read this for years! I didn't read it in summer because it just feels like more of a cozy fall read. Emma + Pumpkin Spice Latte + cool weather = heaven!

5. On Pilgrimage by Jennifer Lash - This book is my "pool book"; I keep a paperback in my car so that when I go to my mom's house to float in her pool I have something to read (since my Kindle Fire SUCKS outdoors!). Since the warm weather is winding down, I want to make it a goal to finish this beautiful book. 

6. Priceless by Nicole Richie - I'll be honest: I am so curious to read a book written by Nicole Richie. It's not that I don't think she's capable, but I'm just really curious, ya know? I got this book in hardback on clearance and it's been sitting on my desk for months, so I want to get it read.

 photo 17225161_zpsb72a3cc1.jpg  photo 13557166_zps6657d41c.jpg  photo 13611136_zpse217ac1d.jpg  photo 11235712_zps064dd4df.jpg

7. The Grimm Diaries Prequels by Cameron Jace - I was fortunate enough to win these from the lovely Laura at Semper Fi Momma and I can't wait to read them! All of the books in the series seem dark enough to read around Halloween while maintaining a fun fairy tale element.

8. Snow White Sorrow (Grimm Diaries #1) by Cameron Jace - (see above)

9. Cinderella Dressed in Ashes (Grimm Diaries #2) by Cameron Jace - (see above)

10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - In keeping with the dark fairy tale theme, Cinder sounds like a great book to read alongside Grimm Diaries. I've also heard nothing but great things about it! 

What are you planning to read this fall??

2 comments:

  1. I'm so ready for Allegiant to come out! I should probably read Catching Fire again too, but I'm not sure I will. I'm not TFiOS's biggest fan, but I hope you enjoy it! I hope you like Cinder, too! The Grimm Diaries sound really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I loved The Fault in Our Stars and Cinder. Catching Fire is a book I need to read as well although it will be the first time for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!