September 16, 2013

Monday's Reading Recap

This weekend, after driving past it a hundred times, I finally went into this "$1 Only Book Store" (I think that's literally what it's called) and it was heavenly! I don't know what has kept me from it for so long as it's walking distance from my house, but every single book (hardback and paperback) is $1!! They even have audiobooks and textbooks, all $1!! Here is what I walked away with for less than the price of the average book:

 photo null_zps96f8f842.jpg

Half of the books I read last week were non-fun reads. They weren't "bad" per se (I'm always weary of calling a book "bad" because what is bad to me might be magical to someone else, and vice versa); but they were not enjoyable for me and I slumped through them somewhat begrudgingly. I didn't read as much as I wanted to because of this. Fortunately I finally got my hands on a copy of Anna and the French Kiss, a book every book blogger seems to gush about, so I've bumped it up to read this week. I'm trying to knock out as many of my Summer TBR books since summer officially ends in less than a week! (YAY).



Last Week I Finished Reading: Saltwater Kisses by Krista Lakes, All the Summer Girls by Meg Donohue, The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales, and re-read Little Known Facts About Well Known Places: Disneyland by David Hoffman.

 photo 18073140_zps77851950.jpg photo 16248173_zpsb809a8db.jpg  photo 16248269_zpsf3da76e9.jpg photo 6250366_zps8f6ce5b1.jpg


This Week I'm Reading: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, The Color Pink by Parker Paige and possibly The Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorenson.

 photo 6936382_zps41bdf6e0.jpg photo 18329313_zpsd2707798.jpg photo 16055475_zpscccbfc85.jpg

This Week I'm Sharing a Review For: All the Summer Girls by Meg Donohue

What are you reading this week? 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you like Anna! That bookstore sounds amazing! I actually want to read Atonement, The Marriage Plot, Middlesex and White Oleander and haven't yet! I have Water for Elephants, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet! Yat for finding that awesome store though!

    Katy @ a blighted one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeeeed Anna, I hope you like it! Such a great book.

    Check out Our Monday Post

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. That $1 bookstore sounds great. Looks like you picked up some good books.

    Nice week too with the books you finished.

    Have a great week.

    LOVE your blog...blog name is cute and great design.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!