July 11, 2013

Read-A-Thon Closing Remarks


I'm late, I know. Always late, worth the wait, and blah blah blah. Haha! I wanted to let you know how I did during the Summer Lovin' Read-A-Thon and I want to know how you did as well!

It was both a blessing and a curse that I'm currently in the middle of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series (aka A Game of Thrones) because I did not read 20830 books last week like most of you did. I didn't even finish ONE. That's because A Storm of Swords is 1177 pages long (which means those percentages don't move on my Kindle!). I did make a huge dent in this book, mostly floating on a raft in my mom's pool sipping sparkling water in the southern California sun. So instead of boasting that I finished a book, I'm going to say this read-a-thon helped me get my first serious tan in over a decade. I'd say that counts for something, right?

Did you participate in the Summer Lovin' Read-A-Thon? If so, what did you read and/or accomplish? Even if you didn't formally participate, what have you been reading this month? I'd love to know!

Speaking of Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire - if you're a fan of the books and want to participate in a discussion about them with me and a friend, let me know! We hope to cook up something fun for August when my goal is to review every single book in the series, but I need your help! :) 

1 comment:

  1. 1777 pages???? that's advance!
    well, i think i should start on this Game of Throne books. what's the first book title? and yes, i'd love to participate in discussion about it. let's pray i can read it on time :p i have tendency to buy too many books at one time. 2 weeks ago i bought 7 books, and after my work craziness lessen a bit, now i'm having one left to be read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!