July 29, 2013

Monday's Reading Recap

I had wanted to make August Game of Thrones month here at The Book Barn because my goal was to finish all of the books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series in time to post 5 consecutive reviews. However, my schedule has not been as cooperative as I had hoped and I am just now starting Book 4. If you know anything about George R. R. Martin you know that he is a master storyteller with immeasurable talent; but you might also agree that his books are intense and very dense, not to mention an average of 1000 pages each. While the content of the books isn't difficult per se, it's not a series I can read for 6 straight hours, like I can with chick lit.

Have you read George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series? Were you able to read it quickly or did you have to pace yourself like me? I can't tell you how much I love this series, but it makes me work and I feel like I need to clear my life's schedule in order to finish one of the books! :)



Last Week I Finished Reading: A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin (FINALLY!)

This Week I'm Reading: A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin and Entwined With You by Sylvia Day (to break up the insane amount of George R. R. Martin as of late., I needed a tiny break).

This Week I'm Sharing a Review For:  A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

What are you reading this week? 



5 comments:

  1. I've been trying to listen to A Game of Thrones on audio. It is good but not a "fun" read so I keep setting it aside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entire "Immortals After Dark" series by Kresley Cole is what I plan on reading

    I've heard good things about A Game of Thrones. Don't know when I'll be getting around to reading it . so.many.books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh those books do make me work! A Storm of Swords has been my favorite so far though. Still need to get on the 5th book.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Ice and Fire series too, I'm currently re- reading A Dance with Dragons. It's great but there is a LOT going on, the subplots keep growing. Some of my favorite moments in the series are in Dance, so you have good stuff ahead. :)

    http://greglhill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm proud to say i'm on book 3 now!! haha. bought the books on last saturday, started to read the first one on Sunday. damn, the books make me can't sleep wondering what happen next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!