October 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Adulation by Elisa Lorello

  Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: Adulation
Author: Elisa Lorello
Release Date: November 6, 2012
Publisher: Amazon
Pre-order Here

Amazon's synopsis:
Celebrity screenwriter Danny Masters has the world at his feet. He’s dating a movie-star bombshell and his latest screenplay is a shoe-in for an Oscar. But he’s empty.

With few accomplishments to her credit, longtime bookstore employee Sunny Smith celebrates her fortieth birthday by setting forty goals for herself. Sleeping with her writing idol, Danny Masters, makes the list.

At the premiere of Danny’s new film, the two have a brief but enchanting exchange outside the theater. And after Danny insults the audience during the post-screening Q&A session, he’s thrilled to see Sunny in his autograph line. But as he gently takes her hand, Sunny spits Danny’s insults back at him.

The next day, to her horror, Sunny discovers a video of her tirade has gone viral. Instead of being angry, Danny is more determined than ever to find Sunny—and apologize. And once their lives intersect again, there’ll be no turning back. 

My thoughts: Elisa Lorello has quickly and easily become one of my favorite contemporary romance/chick-lit authors this year. I've read all three of her other novels {which I'll be reviewing here next week}, and she has a special way of giving depth to her stories that may not be expected. Her characters are always flawed but likable, so I look forward to reading about Danny masters and Sunny Smith! 

Did you enter my fun book bundle giveaway on my personal blog yet? Just follow The Book Barn and enter over at daniellesque!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! Happy reading and have a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet or read anything by Lorello but I'm definitely adding this to my list now. It sounds great! Love the cover for it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!