May 17, 2014

Bout of Books Read-a-thon Checkpoint #3

Bout of Books

Goal: To read 3 books, including 1 from my TBR Pile Challenge list.

So far I have finished three books from my list: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume and The One by Kiera Cass. However, I have not finished a book from my TBR Pile Challenge list. I'm starting to understand why all of those books go unread-- because I never feel like reading them! I am in the middle of Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry, but it's not as great as The Giver, so it has been a rough go. Hopefully I will get through it by the end of the read-a-thon and be a true success!!

P.S. A very special and happy birthday to my dear friend, Frances! I know getting a shout out on my book review blog is not nearly as cool as getting a shout out on the Troubadour's newsletter, but it's all I've got! If I don't finish reading Gathering Blue, it's because we were having too much fun celebrating Frances tonight in LA! :)

If you're participating in Bout of Books, how are you coming along?


Late Morning Update: I did it!! I finished Gathering Blue which means I have officially reached my Bout of Books Goal! Yay! This read-a-thon always helps kick me into gear and I hope you had success if you participated in it also! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on meeting your goal for Bout of Books! That's awesome! I haven't been officially participating, but I did get a lot of reading done this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!