February 26, 2014

Tahereh Mafi (AND Ransom Riggs) Author Event

  photo 57151BD5-AB3C-472B-B62F-A339D054DECA_zpszjaxsxky.jpg

On Monday I had the pleasure of attending an author event for Tahereh Mafi where she promoted her new book, Ignite Me, the last installment in her Shatter Me series. I am a huge fan of this series because of Tahereh's gorgeous writing; her stories are wonderful, but her writing just hits me hard. It was a wonderful surprise that her husband, the very talented Ransom Riggs (of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children fame) moderated the discussion. If you know anything about Ransom and Tahereh, they are equally hilarious and adorable when they join forces. Suffice to say, this event was absolutely wonderful in every way! I even got to ask a question and it was a wonderful answer and experience.

 photo B5A45BE4-486F-4114-BC68-693AD531556A_zpsrehg4wta.jpg   photo 8671B1E0-9C2B-4949-942E-74E8E20E829D_zpshov7vvxb.jpg

Tahereh signed all three of my Shatter Me hardcover books, which was really cool considering a lot of signings only allow one item (unfortunately she didn't have time for any book defacing though). She was seriously the sweetest thing and we talked about The Lunar Chronicles a little bit. Just like everyone else, I'm in awe of Tahereh's style; check out her arm candy! And her shoes... oy! And I thought I had a talent for walking in heels! ;)

  photo AC1DB9A9-469B-4A84-AD0D-70BF34A0F2C6_zpsmlfmsael.jpg   photo 6AC476E3-7A0B-4C21-A453-16B8A35D4945_zpsp4pshizi.jpg

I also got a wonderfully awkward picture with Ransom and picked up some Sprinkles cupcakes on my way home (a perk of the parking fees at The Grove!). Anna Carey and Margaret Stohl were also there and it was really awesome to see authors supporting authors! Overall it was quite a perfect event!! If you get a chance to meet Tahereh and/or Ransom any time soon, I highly recommend it!

Stay tuned for my reviews for the rest of the books in Tahereh's Shatter Me series next month. I'll be scattering them in between some book tours I'm scheduled for. You can read my review of Shatter Me here

2 comments:

  1. that sounds awesome!
    i've never read her book. maybe i should check more bookstores. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I have probably told you several times by now that I've never been to any author signings, but I would probably be awkward and not talk at all, oops. Your picture with T is so cute! I really like your hair! Her bracelets are legit, too. Those cupcakes look amazing!! I'm so glad you had an awesome time and got to meet an author that means a lot to you! Yay for happy outings <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!