January 13, 2014

Monday's Reading Recap + Bout of Books Recap

I barely conquered my Bout of Books Read-a-Thon goal, and it was only because I practically ignored Tyler all weekend listening to my audio book of The Help to reach my goal of 5 books. I'm so glad I finally read The Help, by the way! Such a wonderful and powerful book! I'm also glad I participated in this read-a-thon because it definitely kick started my 2014 reading in a great way!

This week I'm not holding myself to too much reading since it's a busy week for me (my first 5k and my "second 29th birthday" and all...), but I DO want to read a lot of books that I've promised others I would read.


Last Week I Finished Reading:Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan, Fahernheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales, Invoking Nonna by Sage Adderly, and The Help (audio book) by Kathryn Stockett

These are also the 5 books I completed for the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
Two from my Winter TBR list and 2 from my TBR Pile Challenge list

 photo 17237214_zpsfddb2cdc.jpg  photo 17470674_zpsf1fd4b71.jpg  photo 15777621_zps9cf92606.jpg
 photo nonna_zpsec540a5f.jpg  photo 4667024_zps547f5a53.jpg


This Week I Plan on Reading: Paper Towns by John Green and Sailing Out of Darkness by Normandie Fischer

 photo 6442769_zpsfd054bb2.jpg  photo 16217405_zpsfe0fea34.jpg

This Week I'm Sharing a Review For: If You Ask Me (And Of Course You Won't) by Betty White
{in honor of both our birthday being Friday!}

What are you reading this week? 

3 comments:

  1. The Help is SUCH a great book! I loved it so much! This week I'm hoping to finally start Allegiant by Veronica Roth and maybe Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Two Boys Kissing! I've read F451, This Song, and The Help! I read All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill (and really liked it) and I'm hoping to finish Feed by Mira Grant and get through all of Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, I also meant to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! Especially if I forget to tweet you or comment again. I hope it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!