September 3, 2013

Tuesday's Reading Recap

Here's my Tuesday Confession: I have been a reading failure this past week! I blame everything on George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. Not only am I having a reading hangover from the 4,645 pages of time-consuming awesomeness, but my friend Taylore visited over Labor Day weekend and we were pretty much too pre-occupied discussing and watching the series to fit much reading in. Oh, and making shirts professing our love for our favorite characters....

 photo null_zps6b54a708.jpg

So things I started but didn't finish reading last week:

Reading Related Things I Finished This Week:  
  • Game of Thrones (the tv series, seasons 2 and 3)
  • My "I (heart) Gendry" shirt (which was originally my "You Know Nothing Jon Snow" shirt which was a failure... [thanks, iron-on paper!]).
  • No Featherbed For Me fan fiction (this list just gets more and more ridiculous, right?). 
Non-Reading Related Things I Accomplished This Week:
  •  Ate Indian food, Thai food, Greek food, Japanese food, waffle sandwiches, and more. 
  • Gained 84021 lbs. 
  • Went to Sprinkles Cupcake ATM machine in Beverly Hills but opted for Sprinkles ice cream.
  • Cursed this heat wave we are having in So Cal because I'm a spoiled California girl who can't stand anything over 77 degrees.
  • Got sunburned.
  • Drove by Michael C. Hall's house and yelled curses regarding this terrible season of Dexter.
  • Drove by a lot of other celebrity houses; the only somewhat reading related one was Robert Pattinson's house. Celebrity houses are beautiful but very anti-climactic. 
  • Reached 30 Starbucks stars! HELLO, GOLD LEVEL!!
 photo null_zpsd0c2ac94.jpg photo null_zps586673c1.jpg photo null_zps93476fc2.jpg photo null_zps80776f53.jpg
 photo null_zps430bf971.jpg photo cc06e5dc-50ff-4ed4-b619-75d349d669b6_zps0c891e03.jpg

Things I Plan To Finish Reading This Week:
Speaking of Elisa Lorello's autobiography, I was in LA yesterday and was casually checking my emails on my phone and saw that I received a gifted copy from Elisa herself!!! I seriously freaked out right there at The Griddle!! She is one of my favorite authors and one of the sweetest people I have ever interacted with online that I don't know offline. The fact that she cares about and remembers a little book review blogger like me really means so much to me and I truly cannot wait to start reading this book! I highly recommend anything and everything she writes and only wish I lived on the east coast so I could attend one of her classes! That alone would totally justify going to grad school! BUY THIS BOOK, only $2.99 on Kindle!

2 comments:

  1. haha,,
    you're hard-cord. i might have my jon snow t-shirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shirts!! Your weekend sounds like so much fun! All the food, celeb houses and gold level!! Exciting! A hangover from GRRM is more than understandable and sometimes breaks from reading are necessary! The cupcake atm looks really fun! Yay for good weekends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you leave a comment I will try my best to email you back directly and visit your blog, too! If I can't find a way to get back to you, check back for a reply to your comment. Thanks again and happy reading!!